Friday, February 1, 2008

Snow Day

Everyone got a snow day today, even Randy. So the boys were outside playing in the snow. Actually, Wyatt found his sled and instead of sitting in it, he put his lawnmower on it and took it for a spin.I'm just happy the 7 + inches of snow came now and not tomorrow on Wyatt's party day. He's really really looking forward to it.

Im still not coming anywhere near the amount of "points" I should be eating a day. (unless I get shit-faced) Good thing, bad thing, I don't know, but I don't feel like I need to eat them. Im completely satisfied.

Emma has started to Army crawl. Time to re-baby proof. It's weird. I didn't really "baby-proof" with Wyatt. I told him no when he got too close to could be dangerous things, and he just learned to stay away from them. Except our fireplace in San Diego, had to put a bumper on that thing after Wyatt cracked his head on the stone ledge. I just imgaine Em being completely different from Wyatt so Im just going to do it.

I'm consumed right now with Randy's could be re-enlistment. He wouldnt have to tell them until June, but deciding whether or not he's going to need to happen now. I kep thinking about this house. How the hell are we going to sell this house? We'd almost have to get it ready right now, and put it up, cause I know its going to be hard to sell in this market. URRRGGGH. Sooo conflicted. I know the Navy has given us a good life. Look at having babies....it didnt cost me a cent to have Wyatt and Emma. No hospital bills whatsoever. We basically have free medical. He has job security. And the government pays for our mortgage. Not bad. Is it worth my children growing up with a part-time dad? Are my kids going to be damaged in some way? By the time Randy retires, our children will be teenagers. He's going to miss all the fun stuff. Not to mention...my baby having days will be over, cause I'll be damned if Im going to raise 3 by myself while he's off on the ocean.I can do this life by myself. I did it for 3 years before we had kids. I made peace with being alone but "together" I don't have enough faith in myself to do this life with my kids. I feel for them, they suffer. Will they respect him for not being there? Granted he's serving our country, but his responsibility should be to them. Right ? It's a hard decision, which frankly is not up to me. He's going to have to choose. And what is our choice? T0 follow along like sheep ?

About Me

My photo
Im the mother of a 7 yr. old and a 10 year old. Married for 100 years to a sailor. Formally a criminal justice student that got lots of sleep and laid on a bed not covered in goldfish crackers.