Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Little Man


Dear Wyatt,

Today is your 4th birthday. We celebrated by having a party on Saturday (the 2nd) at the bowling alley. You had a blast.




Today the 5th we took you to Toys R Us to pick out a toy. You got to wear a Toys R Us birthday crown, you carried a balloon around with you and had Happy Birthday Wyatt said over the intercom. You picked out a Bob the Builder playdoh scooper thing. That won out of a Thomas Aquadoodle and a Marble shooter.
You were woken up this morning with a mommy homemade low fat cholesterol free white almond cake with Chocolate frosting that sported 4 crayon candles. Daddy and I sang Happy Birthday to you and you blew out the candles before we were finished ( you can never wait to blow those things out!)
And you unwrapped a "Smart Cycle", Thomas book and a wooden Curious George in a wood car. Whenever anyone said "Happy Birthday" to you, you replied with a "Happy Birthday to you too!" I came to your school today and helped you pass out your "Fruity Pebble Stars on a Stick" that you helped me make the night before.





At 4 years old you have a tremendous vocabulary. You always have something to say. You ask questions constantly. You are never without wonder.

You have a beautiful sense of humor. I keep a journal of all your jokes and funny things you say.

You like to play coy and cheeky and when you really really want something you know you shouldn't have (soda, candy etc) you use your sweetest voice, bounce a little and bat your eyes and never ever forget to say please. Honestly...I usually cave in because it's so cute.

You always ask me "Are you happy mommy?" because you never want me to be sad. If I answer that I'm not happy, you make it your mission to make me happy by smiling, giving me a hug, or telling me "Calm down sweety, calm down a little bit" (I think your teacher says this to you and you repeat it to me to help me as it helps you) Its really funny, and always makes me laugh.

You adore your sister and make it your personal goal to make her smile and laugh. She loves you to death as well.

You favorite games are with dad. Dad and you "rough house" Which consists of dad throwing you over and over on the bed and you guys smacking each other with pillows. See, only dad can play with you this way. You make it clear to me when I try. "No, this is how daddy and I play"

Your favorite book is Good Night Moon (still - has been for 2 years!) I read to you every night before bed. I HAVE to read it in your bed, I am not allowed to kneel on the floor.

You are incredibly strong willed. And you growl when your really angry.

You are the farthest thing from shy. You will talk to anyone and make polite conversation. But most the time you wont answer their questions... you will only talk about what you want to talk about and it usually has something to do with the light bulbs in the room.

You have lovely manners. We barely have to remind you to say thank you or please. Its great.

You are 100% potty trained now - Thank God!

Nothing gets by you. You are quick as a whip and so smart.

You love to draw...You make the best helicopters.
Daddy and I tell you often that we are proud of you. You really are a great kid, not just saying that cause Im your mummy. Dad and I have it easy with you. Lord knows you have your moments, but your just teaching me patience. We thank God everyday for you and that you're such a good boy.

We love you, Happy Birthday
Mummy

About Me

My photo
Im the mother of a 7 yr. old and a 10 year old. Married for 100 years to a sailor. Formally a criminal justice student that got lots of sleep and laid on a bed not covered in goldfish crackers.