Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Welcome, Friend

I was cleaning out my dads house this past weekend and was going through a toy bin he has for the kids. I was getting rid of broken things, old, weird things etc. I came across an old puppy that was mine when I was little. It was well-loved. The cotton was so far compressed the puppy is darn near flat, was torn and he smelled to high heaven. So, I tossed him. I swear Wyatt ears perk right up when he hears anything large going into the trash can, so he came in to see. I was watching him over my shoulder and what I saw was so sweet.
He came in, his mouth dropped and then stuck out his lip at the sight of the discarded puppy. He picked him up out of the trash, made "dusting off" motions, then whispered to the puppy, "It's o.k., Don't worry, I'll take you home."

My heart broke in half and I felt like an evil puppy killer. The kind the PETA rigs up car bombs for. So, I interjected, "Wyatt do you want to take that puppy to our house?" Wyatt says, "Yes *sniffs the puppy* but he's going to need a bath."

So, we took him home, washed and mended him, Wyatt named him and introduced him to his first friend, Molly the giraffe.

Welcome Home Dog E. Good, Welcome Home.




About Me

My photo
Im the mother of a 7 yr. old and a 10 year old. Married for 100 years to a sailor. Formally a criminal justice student that got lots of sleep and laid on a bed not covered in goldfish crackers.