Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election 2008

I pulled Wyatt out of school today to go to the polls with me. I explained how everything worked. We talked to people, he blurted who our pick was. It was fun. I let him color our lines on the ballot and I explained what each was for. We went over to the "ballot eating machine" and Wyatt screams "Obama Baby!" I think the lady handing out the "I voted" stickers damn near wet herself.
I felt so great about introducing Wyatt to the first election of his life. And it's such an important one! He is all caught up in it. So am I, its like Christmas around here. Randy and I are watching the returns and its really exciting. (I totally sound like I need to find a hobby right about now huh?) Anyway...
I feel so empowered every time I vote. Especially as a woman. I hope I can pass these ideals onto Wyatt and Emma.







About Me

My photo
Im the mother of a 7 yr. old and a 10 year old. Married for 100 years to a sailor. Formally a criminal justice student that got lots of sleep and laid on a bed not covered in goldfish crackers.