Friday, November 14, 2008

Apples of my Eye


Yay for apples! Emma gnawed on this thing for a whole day. Whenever she'd get clingy/needy/annoying, I'd tell her to "Go find your apple!" She'd go find it, sit and gnaw a while. :) I'm a bad mom.




Not much of anything going on here. I've been moody because for the last 3 days I've been making calls and doing some online sleuthing regarding our next duty station. Randy can pick orders in Dec. (choose location) So, I've been looking into a few places to see if we'd fit. (Schools, supportive friendly naval community, weather) This is stressful. I really don't mind moving. Its the Randy being gone for months at a time that is the kicker.

I can do it myself, I've done it before. He's had 6 ? I think, tours since we've been together. I can handle it. One time he's been deployed while Wyatt's been around. But Wyatt was really young and I really don't think he noticed much. It just took Randy a few weeks of "blending in" to be accepted into his routine again.

Its the kids... How do we go about this without damaging them ? I keep looking for a Navy Brats website to see how Navy brats turn out through the years of deployments and moving. Are we going to damage the kids by moving all the time? Randy not being around ?

The house I grew up in, is the only home I've known. My dad is still there. That's home. I move, I travel, but "that" is where my "home" is. Will my kids ever have that ? If they don't will it damage them in some way ?

Am I over-thinking this ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway...
Wyatt's funny. He tells me the other day " I love you mommy, and I love your skin!"
Ha! thanks kid.

I'm in the car, guy cuts me off.... I start swearing "Expletive, deleted, Mother F*ckers" Ok. So. I look back and Wyatt's mouth hit the floor. I tell him "Mommy can get very mad and talk very naughty sometimes, but you can never ever talk like mommy" Wyatt says, "Ok, well then, by all means, Stop."

Nuff said. Will do, buddy.

Ever seen a kid so happy to be holding a shovel ?




About Me

My photo
Im the mother of a 7 yr. old and a 10 year old. Married for 100 years to a sailor. Formally a criminal justice student that got lots of sleep and laid on a bed not covered in goldfish crackers.