Saturday, October 16, 2010

Burning.

Im upstairs when the timer rings on my cupcakes.

Wyatt: "MOOOOOOM!! Come down and get your cupcakes before you burn them like you do everything else!"

I come downstairs scowling.
Me: *snappy mom tone* "Dont be mean, Wyatt."

I go into the kitchen to tend to the cupcakes.. Wyatt from the living room....

Wyatt: "I know you work hard mom, I wasnt trying to be mean."

I dont say anything in reply cause now he made me feel guilty for snapping at him.

But then...

Wyatt: "Mom?"
Me: "What?"
Wyatt: "Remember when you burned the stapler that was on the oven?"
Me: "Yea."
Wyatt: "Remember when you burned the handle to the spatula?"
Me: (getting irritated) "Yea."
Wyatt: "Remember when you burned the oven mitt?"
Me: (irritated further) "Yeeaaaaaa."
Wyatt: (as cool as can be) "Thats all Im sayin'"

Guilty feeling is now gone.

About Me

My photo
Im the mother of a 7 yr. old and a 10 year old. Married for 100 years to a sailor. Formally a criminal justice student that got lots of sleep and laid on a bed not covered in goldfish crackers.