Monday, January 21, 2008

Mean Mommy

Mothers-
Do you ever feel like you are constantly telling your kids "no" ?
I feel like Im such a drag. I feel like Im constantly telling Wyatt no. "Don't push on Emma" "No candy" "No more this" "Don't touch that"
I sometimes wonder if maybe I'm being too anal cause I may be in a bad mood ? Or if as a mother you are really required to stick all these sanctions on your children ?
I then will usually go into explaining why I am saying no. I lose him halfway through. See now, I don't know if I lose him because he's an Autism spectrum kid or if I really am truly boring the child with my reasoning's. Maybe both ?

Anyway.

We went to Shedd's today. It really went better than expected. I wasn't totally impressed by the place itself, but Wyatt seemed to have a blast. Lots of questions and stares and things he's never seen. We saw a Dolphin show and he actually clapped and said "Yay!" It was soooo nice to see him relating and enjoying something. Mothers of autistic children...you know what Im talking about ;)

On a side note. I hate football. I don't get it. But, I found myself stuck to the T.V. last night watching the Packers Giants game. It was 20 - 20 for so long, it was like watching a good suspense thriller. At the height of suspense I was brought out of my stupor by my husband swearing some intelligible things about the f'ing Packers. Ah well.

About Me

My photo
Im the mother of a 7 yr. old and a 10 year old. Married for 100 years to a sailor. Formally a criminal justice student that got lots of sleep and laid on a bed not covered in goldfish crackers.