Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Direction

I sometimes wonder what direction I should be going.  When I was younger I had a pretty clear idea of what I wanted to be doing at 30.
Im not doing it.
Then I think. Im alright.  Im actually pretty happy going with the flow, taking on weird jobs and hobbies when I feel like it. Im pretty lucky to live a half hippie lifestyle.    Its not really a lack of ambition or motivation either.  I just dont really sweat it like I did when I was younger. Life seems to be just a series of phases and moments. So why not just find happy and find peace in that particular phase.  I dont really look 10 years out or "where do I want to be for the rest of my life"  I dont think it terms like that.  Why do that?  Say when dude gets out of the navy...i've ben asked "where do you want to live"  Well....does it matter?  It would be nice to go back by my family....but why plan for that? There could be a million opportunites arise elsewhere.
Take each day individually. See what pops up. Take a road if you think it might be a good one.  Or not. Whatever. Just live.. How do you plan life?

Im not saying I wont stash money away for the kids to go to college. Or completely neglect my retirement fund.  Im just saying, why try to map our your future when there are a million things right there at your feet?  Look too far out and your going to miss those things....or trip on them.

About Me

My photo
Im the mother of a 7 yr. old and a 10 year old. Married for 100 years to a sailor. Formally a criminal justice student that got lots of sleep and laid on a bed not covered in goldfish crackers.