Thursday, April 1, 2010

Potty Time!!

M has been flirting with the potty for a week now. She sort of just sat there and camped out a while. I let her, because well, its not hurting anything and I figure the longer shes on there the greater the chance of her having to actually pee.
It all panned out yesterday.

She was sitting on the potty forever when I came in and told her to get up its time to go. With that we hear "tinkle, tinkle, tinkle!" She whips her head around to stare at her nether-regions and this foreign liquid emanating from said region. We both gasped. And she looks up at me with a look that can only be described as a light bulb going off. "Ooooh! THAT'S what you wanted me to do while I sat here unravelling the toilet paper roll!?" She was so stinkin excited and proud. Since yesterday morning she has went 4 more times.

Never in my life would I thought I'd be so damned proud of someone peeing in a toilet!

About Me

My photo
Im the mother of a 7 yr. old and a 10 year old. Married for 100 years to a sailor. Formally a criminal justice student that got lots of sleep and laid on a bed not covered in goldfish crackers.