Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kitchen Follies and Triumphs




This is the difference between a muffin with no sugar vs. a muffin with sugar. I've been having all kinds of brain farts lately. The muffin on the left without a doubt is pretty good for you. Carrots, apples, wheat flour, craisins, pecans, apples, applesauce.... no sugar. Taste wise, it wasnt appauling, but didn't have the yum. Sure is ugly though ain't it ? The muffin on the right has sugar... but I forgot the apples. At this point, I'm giving up the bowl and spoon.


On the other hand. While I was getting my coffee at Starbucks, I ordered Randy a caramel apple cider. (he hates coffee) As I was watching them make it, I gasped in horror when I saw them break out a gallon of Tree Top Apple Cider, Can of Reddi Whip and Smuckers Caramel Topping. Umm... Why am I paying 5 bucks for something I can make at home ? I don't know why I thought Starbucks put some magical yummy ingredients in their caramel apple cider that I couldn't produce at home, but now that I'm onto you Starbucks, from this day forward I shall no longer pay $5.00 for your characterless & mundane caramel apple cider... I will triumph and make my own! Not only that, but I will make it slightly healthier by using FAT FREE reddi whip and SUGAR/FATFREE smuckers caramel apple topping. And Walla! We have Sarah's Caramel Apple F.U. Starbucks Cider.

About Me

My photo
Im the mother of a 7 yr. old and a 10 year old. Married for 100 years to a sailor. Formally a criminal justice student that got lots of sleep and laid on a bed not covered in goldfish crackers.