Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Emma's Speech Evaluation

Shes just fine. :) She does not qualify for services.

The lovely lady from Birth to 3 that helped Wyatt so much was the one to evaluate Emma for speech today. Great, no-nonsense type of lady. When she was done working with M she looked at me and said " You weren't worried at all were you?"
No, I wasn't. Emma tested between 15 - 17 months. Emma is 18 months and she is very typical. The only thing she told me was that she thinks that after Emma gets the tubes in her ears we will see a HUGE jump in "parrot" talking. If that doesn't happen, then we know she needs a re-evaluation.

So ... yay!


Oh! I kept Wyatt home from school today to watch the inauguration of President Obama. I know he wouldn't understand all of what was going on and being said, but my hope is that he'll at least have a small recollection of this day in history. Just for him to be able to say "I sort of remember when he was elected, yea." That's all I'm lookin' for!
He watched pretty intently and then Hi-Fived me when he was through being sworn in, then announced to me "That man is going to change the world."
Yes baby, he is.

About Me

My photo
Im the mother of a 7 yr. old and a 10 year old. Married for 100 years to a sailor. Formally a criminal justice student that got lots of sleep and laid on a bed not covered in goldfish crackers.