Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hurricanes

Hmmm. One month of living here and we get our very first Hurricane watch. Yippie! Wyatt had just been warming to the idea of tornados...now... meh.
So Im mulling over the city outlined evacuation routes, suggested kit items, things you need to do when the hurricane is imminent, like turning off your own power.
*ahem* Yet another reason for me to hate this place. Stupid hurricanes.
Apparently the Atlantic Fleets official position in the event of hurricanes hitting our coast is to fee to sea. What this means for my family is that I get to wade our the hurricane with 2 kids and Randy gets to go float at sea safely away from the hurricane. Nice huh ?
Do I sound bitter? ha!

Wyatt will be starting school next week. 1st grade! Wow. I dont feel the "wow, where has the time gone" thing. I feel more a proudness for the situation. Wyatt has his "skeptical" face on when it comes to school. Im hoping this year goes more smoothly than last year for him.

About Me

My photo
Im the mother of a 7 yr. old and a 10 year old. Married for 100 years to a sailor. Formally a criminal justice student that got lots of sleep and laid on a bed not covered in goldfish crackers.