Thursday, March 11, 2010

Visit from Daddy

Randy will be coming home for a visit tomorrow night. He'll be here until Sunday night.
Im very excited to see him of course and Emma will be over the moon, but Wyatt is a bit more cautious than that. He's hyper-aware that dad is only going to be here for 2 days. And he prefers that "dad stays here forever" Im getting the feeling that dads quick trip home is just going to cause a huge ripple in Wyatts behavior after he leaves Sunday.
As it is Wyatt finally had an emotional enema over Randy's being gone. The other day he had some tears and some yelling over the whole shit and shaboodle. This kid is not a happy camper. And I haven't a clue how to deal with it. Im doing the best I can, saying the things I think need to be said but I have this horrible feeling that this Randy here then gone crap is going to be character building towards the negative. Ya know ? His behavior hasn't been good at school since Randy left. Am I being too "granola mom" by blaming it on the trauma of Randy being gone so long ? Would I feel better if I could say that this spurt of crap behavior is normal 6 year old boy stuff and it will be gone as quick as it came? You betcha.

About Me

My photo
Im the mother of a 7 yr. old and a 10 year old. Married for 100 years to a sailor. Formally a criminal justice student that got lots of sleep and laid on a bed not covered in goldfish crackers.