Monday, July 14, 2008

Bested by a Car Seat

I had this great morning planned for the kids and I. A 10am bubble party playgroup then off to the gym where the kids can play in the playroom then lunch at Kewpees. Wyatt was sooooo excited.

I realized at about 9:30 that Randy left the car seat cover in the dryer and never put it back on the car seat. Which means all the buckles belts latches were off. No problem, I can do this. I've never down it before. At 10:45..... after an hour and 15 minutes of swearing at my husband over the phone for never finishing anything he starts and being a horrible direction giver, 2 beers and a bout of tears, the God damn thing finally came together and was finished.

I don't know whats irking me more, the fact that Randy never finished anything he starts, that Wyatt had to miss out on a fun playdate and I had to miss the gym, the fact that I couldnt figure out how to put the car seat back together myself or that it took me 2 beers to calm down to rationally figure it out.
NOT a good morning. On the good side. I didn't let Wyatt see me get that frustrated over something so stupid. Not a good example to set.

So, I created our own bubble party in our backyard for Wyatt and Emma. I think its gotten his mind off it for now. Nice save mum.

About Me

My photo
Im the mother of a 7 yr. old and a 10 year old. Married for 100 years to a sailor. Formally a criminal justice student that got lots of sleep and laid on a bed not covered in goldfish crackers.