Thursday, July 24, 2008

Almost Home

We've almost made it. Randy will be back tomorrow night. Whew. It actually went by pretty fast. I kept the kids and I busy. I've been going to the gym just about everyday if not twice a day and the kids I've kept distracted with activities. Randy's happy to be coming back home, Poor Randy out in sunny San Diego is just soooooo bored. He'll live, Im sure.

I've got to get Emma away from me more often. Carrie watched her while Wyatt and I were at a Kiddie Korner "party" and I guess Emma has separation issues. That girl fusses at everyone that watches her who isnt me. Is it the age, or is my girl just a little pistol ?

Recipe Time. This has been a house favvy lately. (yes, chili in the summer)

White Bean Chili (I usually half this recipe to make about 4 bowls)

2 pound uncooked ground turkey breast
1 large onion(s), chopped
2 medium garlic clove(s), chopped
32 oz fat-free chicken broth
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp chili powder, chipotle variety
1 can diced chilies
30 oz canned white beans, drained and rinsed
3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1/4 cup cilantro, fresh, coarsely chopped

Cook meat, onion and garlic till brown and drain. Dump that plus everything else in a slow cooker. Cook on high 4 hours or low for 6ish hours. Walla!

About Me

My photo
Im the mother of a 7 yr. old and a 10 year old. Married for 100 years to a sailor. Formally a criminal justice student that got lots of sleep and laid on a bed not covered in goldfish crackers.