Wednesday, May 7, 2008

New Things Old Things

I've been too mopey to sit and blog lately. I'm working on a community project that has really drained the life out of me. It's a lot of work and on the days when I work on it I'm on the phone and computer more than I am playing with my kids. It's almost over with though and then I will take a back seat and reconnect with the rest of my life.


As Wyatt puts it, we went "junkin'" this past weekend. For .75¢ we bought the same popcorn maker my family had when I was his age.
He was completely amazed by this thing. Hey if .75¢ can make him happy...who-ra!




















Wyatt's really doing great. Im really proud. Still working on proper writing grasp. Its that one thing he's just not getting. He'll do it for a little bit, but then were back to full fist. Grr.

He has also come full circle with affection. He went through this phase where he couldn't hug you without making it a joke or something silly. Now he's giving out hugs left and right and telling me that I'm the best mommy. Finally! I live for those moments.


Emma is still pussy-footin' around with the walking thing. She really thinks she can, so she'll stand up kinna bounce and then, nothing. Or she falls and hurts herself. I still can't get over what a polar opposite she is of Wyatt at that age. I have to constantly watch her, she is always into something. With Wyatt, I only had to tell him "no" remove him, and he didn't go for it again. Em ? Oh hell no. It's annoying, but really funny. Its just her. It's just Em.


















Oh.. and I'll leave with the reason I switched to vinegar and baking soda window wash.











About Me

My photo
Im the mother of a 7 yr. old and a 10 year old. Married for 100 years to a sailor. Formally a criminal justice student that got lots of sleep and laid on a bed not covered in goldfish crackers.