Tuesday, July 10, 2012

When he's darn good and ready

There are a lot of things that I push for my kids to complete.  Then there are some things that I figure, "They wont go to college doing that..."  Example: binky sucking, pooing in a diaper, carrying a blanket, etc.  I try to pick my battles with them.  One of those things have been training wheels.  When they're ready, they're ready.  I expected to use some sort of gentle prodding, you know, lining things up just so, so that it becomes their decision?  
Randy "gently" suggested to Wyatt, that the training wheels may be becoming more of a hindrance than a help. "I think you may go faster if they were off"  That was it from Randy's end. 
Wyatt walks into the house, Hi Mom, gets his wrench, goes back outside.
Without a stinkin word he took of his own training wheels and gave it a try.  And that was that. 

I asked him later "What made you take them off?"  he told me, "I wanted to see if Dad was right."

Ha!

About Me

My photo
Im the mother of a 7 yr. old and a 10 year old. Married for 100 years to a sailor. Formally a criminal justice student that got lots of sleep and laid on a bed not covered in goldfish crackers.