Thursday, August 7, 2008

Grandma

My mum is coming up this morning. We're going to check out the new exhibit at the zoo. This is a big deal. She took the day off and everything. Looks to be nice weather too.

There is something about the mind set of life-long Kenoshans that believe Racine (especially North Racine) is really really far away. I may as well live in Kuwait. We moved back to Racine from San Diego so that our parents could be close to our kids for a while before we had to venture to the opposite coast. They barely see them. Really. If I don't make a point to drive down there, my dad especially, doesn't see them. After all, Racine is REALLY far away from Kenosha. ;) It's like they really have to set aside a huge block of time to come up here. Plan vacation time, arrange a dog sitter, cancel the cable...etc. I complain/tease them all the time. More so tease lately, I mean....what am I going to do? We're leaving next July anyway.

What is up with that ? Is it because I lived in a Metro city after high school, that I no longer think that Racine is a foreign country when living in Kenosha ? My parents and I think my grandparents too, still operate on that "understanding."

Anyway, when the family does make it up, Wyatt is on cloud nine. He loves his grandparents.

So yep, its a huge deal my mum is coming ALL THE WAY up from KENOSHA. :) Applaud for my mum, she took the day off and everything to make this huge drive.

(I'm kidding! You know I love you mum!)




About Me

My photo
Im the mother of a 7 yr. old and a 10 year old. Married for 100 years to a sailor. Formally a criminal justice student that got lots of sleep and laid on a bed not covered in goldfish crackers.